Sell with Confidence
Read More
News

COVID-19 update: Three-day lockdown ordered

By Emily Harrison

Queensland will go into lockdown for three days from 6pm tonight, after four new cases of COVID-19 were detected in the past 24 hours. Two of these are the result of community transmission.

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk and Chief Health Officer Dr Jeanette Young have just updated the Queensland Community.

The two cases of community transmission are a miner in Ipswich linked to the Northern Territory mine outbreak, who is isolating and considered low risk, and the other is a casual clerical worker who works on reception outside the COVID ward at Prince Charles Hospital.

The woman, aged 19, lives at Sandgate and has been to Townsville and Magnetic Island. She has also been to the Woolworths at Sandgate and a gym. She was not vaccinated and the Premier says there will be a full investigation to find out why. At this stage, it is unclear which variant she has, but more information is likely later today.

One of her close friends and two of her family members are sick and are being tested. There are four people in her household.
Dr Jeannette Young says she is concerned about outbreaks on four fronts – the miners linked to the NT mine (Delta strain), the Virgin flight crew member and the five flights possibly exposed, the Portuguese restaurant cluster and the latest case of a Prince Charles Hospital administration worker.

The administration worker started to show symptoms last Monday and has been infectious since June 19. On Sunday, June 20, she went to Woolworths at Sandgate (9.30-10.30am) and Bay Health Gym (10-noon).

She worked at Prince Charles Hospital on Tuesday and Wednesday last week and travelled on VA369 from Brisbane to Townsville on Thursday, June 24, and was at Brisbane Airport for about an hour before her flight.

She and her family group then travelled to Magnetic Island and back to Townsville and then travelled on VA387 to Brisbane.

For more information on this article, click here.

Up to Date

Latest News

  • Redcliffe Show to open with half-price Friday

    The 73rd Redcliffe Show opens tomorrow, with half-price admission on Friday for adults and pensioners and free entry for children (under 14 years). The annual three-day event (June 24-26) is one of the largest shows in South East Queensland, attracting about 20,000 people each year. Night program highlights includes the … Read more

    Read Full Post

  • Rallying The Common Good for Caboolture Hospital

    The Common Good has officially launched its partnership with Caboolture Hospital, an appeal to raise $100,000 and announced funding for seven research projects at the hospital. The organisation has been working with Caboolture and Kilcoy Hospitals and the Woodford Corrections health service for the past three years but wanted to … Read more

    Read Full Post